Have you ever felt like visiting a spa when you felt tired but realized you couldn’t do it? It could be because the spa is far away and you need to book an appointment. Spas are expensive, and you can only go a few times. If you are tired after a hard day’s work, then you can get a spa-like experience at home in your swimming pool. A swim spa or a pool and spa combination are two options that will help you get a relaxing experience at home. The article looks at the two options available and compares them to help you decide which is better.
All You Want To Know About A Swim Spa (Plunge Pools)
1. What is a swim spa?
A swim spa is a small swimming pool that provides the features of a spa. It has a spa featured in-built into the pool. A swim spa or spa pool is sometimes referred to as a ‘spool.’ Nowadays, spools have become popular as people can experience a relaxing time at home. You would go to a spa to get a massage done by a masseur or a water massage. The latter option is provided in a swim spa.
It must be noted that a swim spa is not meant to swim. It doesn’t mean you can’t swim. You can still swim, but the space available is limited. A swim spa can cater to two or more people. If people are using the spa, then there is no place to swim. If no one is using the spa, you can use the swim spa to swim. However, space is less and you cannot swim laps.
2. What features does a swim spa offer?
A swim spa primarily offers a massage through hydrotherapy. This is a therapy that uses water to help a person relax. The pressure of water ensures that tired muscles are relaxed. A swim spa would have hydrotherapy jets. These jets release sprays of water that eases tension in your muscles. If you have aches and pains or are undergoing rehabilitation from an injury, then hydrotherapy is a safe and effective option.
Another useful feature to add to a swim spa is a swim jet. A swim jet releases a jet of water that provides resistance when you swim. One of the best ways to exercise is resistance training. A swim jet helps to achieve this. The swim jet helps you get a good workout. Once you finish the workout, you can spend time in the swim spa relaxing. A swim spa can thus offer two benefits in one small area.
3. Pros and cons of a swim spa
A swim spa offers many benefits. These benefits explain why you should consider getting a swim spa in your home. The pros of a swim spa include:
- A swim spa is ideal in a house where space is limited. When you cannot get a large pool, you can plan a swim spa. This gives you the benefits of a swimming pool with a spa as well.
- If you want to relax after a tiring day, then a swim spa will be very beneficial. If you are not all that interested in swimming but are more concerned about relaxing, then the swim spa is a good option.
- If you want a swimming pool and a spa, the cost would be huge. A swim spa can help you get both at a budget price.
- Maintaining a regular swimming pool and spa is expensive. A swim spa is small in size and easy to maintain.
- If you get a swim spa with swim jets, you can use the pool to swim and exercise. The resistance the swim jets offer is enough to help you get a good workout.
- A swim spa in your home makes it look more attractive. It enhances the value of your home if you want to sell it in the future.
There are some cons to a swim spa. You need to be aware of this also.
- A swim spa is more a spa and less a swimming pool. If you like swimming or want to swim laps, you will find it difficult in a swim spa.
- Swim spas have restricted space. If people are using the spa, you cannot swim. An entire family cannot use the swim spa at the same time.
- While the swim jet used can be beneficial, children may find it difficult to swim against the pressure of the jets. It does not give you the same experience as that of a pool.
4. How big is a swim spa?
As mentioned earlier, a swim spa is primarily for a spa experience. Swimming is an additional option. On average, a swim spa measures six metres wide and five metres long. This space is more than enough for two to three people to enjoy hydrotherapy. It is best suited for couples to use. You can get a swim spa of a larger size but it doesn’t make sense. A swim spa is meant for two or three people to enjoy a spa experience. It is also helpful for one person to swim.
The spa would have seating areas for spa users to sit. They can sit and experience hydrotherapy through water jets. Because of the seating area demarcation, swimming space is limited. If you are on a budget, then you can ask for a mini swim spa. This is 1.5 meters in width and is 4.5 meters long. This spa is meant only for one person to use, or a couple.
5. How Much Does A Swim Spa Cost?
The cost of the swim spa would usually range from $15,000 to $30,000. The exact cost of the swim spa would depend on various factors like:
- How big the swim spa is.
- How many hydrotherapy jets you want to have.
- Whether to wish to add swim jets and the type.
- The number of seats you want in the swim spa (usually you can add up to 5).
- The cost dramatically increases if you want an in the ground pool since excavation and levelling costs are added.
All You Want To Know About A Pool And Spa Combination
1. What is a pool and spa combination?
As the name itself suggests, this a combination of a pool and spa. This is a normal swimming pool that most people have in their homes. The difference is that at the end of the pool, a spa is also set up. The spa would have hydrotherapy jets in it. There is space for one person in the spa area. The pool area is like a regular pool where many people can swim.
2. Pros and cons of a pool and spa combination
The pros of a pool and spa combo include:
- People can use the swimming pool while one or two can use the spa.
- You can take a swim for exercise and then relax using the spa.
- You get two different pool options in one that allows you to get the health benefits of a spa with the benefits of a pool.
The cons of the pool and spa combo are:
- The cost is much more than a swim spa.
- Maintenance is difficult and more expensive.
The article presented complete information about a spa pool and the pool and spa combination. After going through the pros and cons of both, you will be able to take a decision on what you want. If you have a small area or only want a relaxing experience, you can choose a swim spa. If you have space and budget, you can get the pool and spa combination.